Thursday, November 5, 2009

6 months

They say that with twins the first year is the hardest. Well, here we are at the half way point and it's feelin' pretty good. No major injuries, illnesses, or any other catastrophes. Sure it's hard, but we can definitely take another 6 months with these cuties...
E, A
6-9 months is my favorite baby stage. They really start to pack on the chubs before becoming mobile and slimming down and looking like a big kid. I've always wanted a really REALLY fat baby, the kind that can hide stuff in their rolls...not a huge likelihood since Ryan and I were both pretty normal looking. I haven't been so lucky in this department thus far: Kaydree was pretty small, and it got a little better with Carver who was usually right around average. But my 2 girlies are pretty close to a wish come true. At their 6 month appointment, Elsie weighed in at 15 lbs. 14 oz. (50th percentile) and Ava weighed 16lbs. 8oz. (75th percentile). Both girls are in the 97th percentile for their height. So overall, even Elsie (the smaller of the 2) weighs more than both Kaydree and Carver did at her age, and both girls are longer as well...not bad considering their birth weights were much less than our older kids.
You'd think all that extra weight would slow them down but our girls are still all over the place. They love to laugh and play together, it's so much fun to watch. In the past month, the ladies have learned to sit unassisted. Elsie's much more solid, she can balance pretty well on her hands whereas Ava is a little more tipsy (Ryan says her cheeks weigh her down)...
E, A
E
A
We also started rice cereal. Elsie took pretty well to it but Ava was a little less enthused...
E

A

I have a couple of funny videos that I've been trying to upload but my computer just isn't havin' it so I'll have to try to put them on another post.

6 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

my little boy is the kind that you can stick all kinds of things in his fat! he is so chunky. He is about 19 lbs. now and he is 5 months old! your girls are so cute!

Tiff said...

They are so cute and I'm glad they're such good babies!

Nikki said...

Couple of cuties. Love both of those girls. They are best friends already, you can tell when you're with them. I love how they're identical but you can still tell who's who. They look the same, but there is a different twinkle in their eyes.

So cute!

They'll have to let Shelby join the crew:)

Natalie said...

So adorable. I agree 6-9 months is the best stage!

Nikki said...

I was looking at your blog and Etom saw your girls and he yells.....

EVA & ELSIE!!!!!!!!!!!

He was so excited to see them and then he said he wanted to play with them, ha ha. He's in love. Can't blame him.

Alicia said...

They are gorgeous! Our internet has been anti-videos lately, too. It's so frustrating.