Sorry for the LONG commercial break, we chose #2! We moved into our new place about 2 weeks ago and have been trying to get settled ever since. Things seem to happen at a much slower pace here (especially during the summer when everyone is on holiday), so it took a while for us to get internet, TV, curtains, lighting, a mailbox, etc. It's been pretty crazy trying to keep the kids entertained while doing things that require a lot of concentration...like hanging things straight on the wall...or assembling european furniture that comes with a million tiny pieces, confusing directions, and one small allen wrench. We've taken more trips to Ikea than I can even remember (seriously, I lost count). SO, while I wish I had some awesome scenic pictures to put up or details about our latest fabulous trip, all I have so far is this illustration of our time here…
Okay, maybe that was a little gruesome and dramatic. I'll give some props to Ryan, he's done a pretty great job of putting things together. I think he feels a little more like this...
And I now fully appreciate the humor in this...
Our house isn't completely like I want it yet, but K is starting school on Monday so we're taking a break this weekend and taking a day trip to Belgium. I think we deserve it.



5 comments:
Wow! That sounds crazy and exciting and exhausting all at the same time! You definitely deserved that break! Good luck with school starting!
love,love, love the update....and can't wait to visit you in Holland...it will be so fun...hope we can Skype again soon, that was really thoughtful of you guys, I have been going crazy with worry and now I am more calm because I know you are on your way and doing fine...Thank you so much....LOVE XOXOXO.....
Glad to know you are in an apartment! How do the kids like city life?
Carrie, I'm happy for y'all. Please blog more. It is my only glimpse into your life! Love ya girl!!!
P.S. You and your family, each and every member, are just gorgeous!
I'm glad you chose the one close to the school. In the long run you'll be happy you did, especially when the weather is bad. I kept thinking of you taking all the kids in the snow to pick her up. Yikes!
Take care and know we miss you guys.
Post a Comment