Friday, November 16, 2012

Prague Trip

Prague was the finale of our long fall road trip.  It fit nicely as a stop on the way home from Austria.  Going in October turned out to be a bit of a catch 22, we didn't have to battle the crowds but we did have to battle the weather.  Our marathon day of sight seeing was a blur for more reasons than one: the cold rainy pictures aren't the best, and my memory is a little hazy on some of these sights.  There was so much to see and do there though, I would definitely go back if I had the chance.  Such a great blend of old and new, and with everything basically within walking distance, it was do-able with the little people.  Here are some highlights:




 The Astronomical Clock is a must see is Prague...

 So is the Jewish Quarter...


This is one of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe.  Hundreds of Jews are buried in an area of just a few hundred square meters. 
The Charles Bridge is amazing...


Wishing for Good Luck!
Wishing for a new dog!

 The Locks are for Lovers...
This wax Baby Jesus doll has supposedly survived several fires, though you can barely see it now with all that gold surrounding it...
Still smiles after the hike up to Prague Castle...

 Enjoying the view from the castle...
 We enjoyed the cathedral even more since it kept us out of the rain...
 My video montage...



My final review of Prague is: 2 thumbs up.  Go for more than one day, and NOT when it's raining for optimal enjoyment.

3 comments:

dieMutti said...

Awww... how fun! You definitely make me want to go back!! Our whole moving-overseas-plans are still a possibility, Patrick's company just acquired the company in England. But if we go, it still might be a while before everything falls into place! We need to get over there before you guys get back so we can travel together! Can you imagine all those Europeans watching us travel with all 8 kids?! :) Miss you all! (PS - Chayah wants me to mention she has forgotten what Carver even sounds like... maybe we need to skype or something :)

afton, stephen & brooks said...

I recognized some of that from the Bachelorette, haha!

Nikki said...

Finally feel like I'm caught up on your blog. You are so lucky that y'all are able to be there and experience all of this. Well not lucky you deserve it of course. I'm just jealous and wish I could come visit. Maybe next year......I'm hoping for the 10 year anniversary- a trip to Europe sounds right. You and Ry can be our tour guides ;-)