Sunday, May 24, 2009

1 month old

I can't believe the girls are 1 month old! On one hand, it seems like I was just pregnant yesterday...on the other hand I can't really remember life without them. So far everyone is happy and healthy, and we just feel lucky to have survived 4 (almost 5) whole weeks with these 2. So for a quick update: Elsie now weighs 8lbs. 5 oz. and Ava is exactly one pound bigger weighing in at 9lbs. 5oz. I feel like all I do is feed them all day long, so I guess it's good to know that they are growing tons and getting bigger. Here's how they spend their days (and nights)...
hanging out together (a,e)
chillin' in the swing (a)
getting kisses from kaydree (e)
having tummy time (e)
snoozing (a)
chatting with dad (e,a)
more tummy time (e,a)
crying! (a,e)
Here are some pics from our first Sunday at church, which deserves a post all by itself. It was madness and craziness...and we only stayed for sacrament meeting. Despite taking ALL morning to get ready, we still got there late and had to sit in the chairs in the gym (mistake #1). Thank goodness Ava slept the whole time b/c I was trying to keep Elsie quiet and Ryan was busy chasing after Carver. I don't know what we're going to do when both girls get fussy, I guess just hang out in the foyer the whole time. But they sure looked cute in their dresses so it was all worth it...
AvaElsie
E
A
Ava & Elsie
Here's hoping we make it through another month!

11 comments:

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

I love all the pics especially the Sunday ones. I can't imagine being a mom of four. Parker and Hannah are plenty of work by themselves! Keep up the good work.

Tiff said...

You're awesome! I have a hard time with my two boys at church, so good job even getting through sacrament! The girls are adorable and always are dressed so cute. I'm glad things are going well!

Kristin Milius said...

They are so freakin cute! You guys make gorgeous kids! Your are like super woman to me now, keep on keeping on!

Sandy said...

They are so cute!!! Can't wait to come and see them!

afton, stephen & brooks said...

Way to go Carrie, I don't know how you survive either...you should write a book with all your tips! Your kids are the cutest!

Stacee said...

I was so impressed to see you walk in the door Sunday -- even if you were late! The girls look so sweet in their Sunday dresses! I admire all your hard work! One is tiring enough...

Karly Michelsen said...

They are so pretty. I'm impressed that you made it through all of sacrament. I don't know how you do it but you seem to be doing it great, keep it up!

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

I love those girls, all three of them and of course Carver too...You are doing so wonderful....I can't wait to hold them. Whisper to them that their Gamma loves them so much. I'm so grateful for the pictures, words just can't tell you how much this blog means to me. Thank you for being so faithful Carrie. We love all of you....

Echo said...

They are so adorable! I bet you can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I think you guys are in texas, right? I was wondering what part. Justin and I just moved down here to Mesquite. Let us know where you are. Good luck with everything.

caitlin said...

SOOO CUTE! I wuv dees pictures. :)

I am the proud (and favorite) Aunt of the cutest kids in the world! :D

Jami said...

they are so sweet and growing very fast. Sounds like you are busy. If you need a break come visit us we will be moving into a house soon. Yippee!!