I can't believe it was 5 years ago today that Ryan and I tied the knot! We have had a fun and crazy 5 years together, which is probably why it flew by so fast. Here is a quick recap, in the past 5 years we have...
-moved 5 times
-lived in 3 different states
-had 4 kids!! (can't forget that one)
-been to 10 different temples
-gotten 3 different college degrees (and paid off 3 different student loans)
-visited 25 different states
-paid off 3 cars
-bought 1 house (still paying for that one)
We're hoping the next 5 years will be a little less eventful...but knowing us that's probably not too likely. We always try to do something cool for our anniversary and stay somewhere over night but since it's pretty much impossible for me to leave my babies for more than a few hours, we decided we'd just go out to dinner. Neither of us have ever been to reunion tower, so that's just where we chose to celebrate. In case you're not from Dallas, it's the big sparkly ball in the Dallas skyline with a revolving restaurant that gives you a complete 360 degree view of the city over dinner. I knew the view would be amazing and it was...
...but I wasn't too sure how the food would be. The restaurant is a Wolfgang Puck 5 star called Five Sixty. We weren't sure if this was one of those places where the food is beautiful but tiny and you leave hungry - not our style. But I am happy to say that the food did not disappoint, it was as amazing as the view and we left the restaurant STUFFED!
Ryan surprised me the morning of our big night out with a pretty new necklace to wear, so thoughtful. Then, when he got home from work, he brought in a box with matching earrings - I was so surprised - I didn't expect him to go all out. Then, as I was getting ready, I noticed another little box on my nightstand with a matching bracelet inside! What a good husband, I guess he has learned a thing or two over the years!!
I got Ryan a new watch as a wedding present, but it broke only a few months later (Fossil watches are overrated I tell you). So I surprised him on our anniversary with a new watch and a note saying 'If we can just make it through TIME, I'm pretty sure ALL ETERNITY will be no problem'! 5 years down, forever to go...
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary....
Awww...so cute...I have such a good brother...I'm glad he buys you jewelry and not nintendo's! Congradulations guys...we Love you!
Congrats! You guys are so cute together! You look awesome cousin. Love ya!
You have packed in lots of stuff in 5 years! Happy Anniversary! Tricia
Happy 5th guys!! Looks like a fun night. When I saw that pic it made me really miss Tx :(
Way to go Ry with the jewels, that's awesome.
You do make a cute couple. I love your highlights Care, they fit you well.
Congrats again....5 years and 4 kids later and looking awesome, both of you. We need to catch up with the kiddos
Love ya
Congrats on the anniversary! I wish we could say the same about owning a house and paying off our loans. One of these days, maybe in our second lifetime, I will be done with school. :> Even after 5 years the two of you are looking good as ever.
-Erik
Congrats! You really are looking amazing and what a guy Ryan! (could you give stephen some help in the gift giving department)
Can't wait to see you soon!
Wow! No one could ever blame you two for wasting time! Congrats! Your family is too cute!!
Congrats, you guys! I don't know anyone who could top your list of accomplishments. It just means you'll have gotten a LOT done when eternity rolls around. :) It's so fun to keep in touch and see how your family is growing!!
Post a Comment