Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lately...

I knew we would be super busy this summer with the babies and I wanted Kaydree to have something that was all about her. So I signed her up for an evening swim class that Ryan and I take turns taking her to all by herself, so she gets some individual attention. The facility is all indoors and it has really neat slides and good instructors. She has been going for the past few weeks and she's really warming up to it. She's pretty cautious, especially about getting her face under water. So at her first lesson, they let her go down the big slide and I asked her about it afterwards -
Me: Kaydree how was swim school, did you go down the slide?
K: (excitedly) Well, I went down the slide, then I drowned, then my teacher helped me up out of the pool!
Maybe eventually she'll get the idea that you can go underwater without drowning. She's said some other pretty funny things lately too...
We've been trying to teach her about saving energy and water - not letting the water run while brushing teeth, turning off lights, etc (hey - there's a recession going on). So the other day Carver thought it was funny to turn the TV off and on, again and again. And I hear Kaydree say,
"Carver, you're wasting TV!"
She gave us a good laugh at the aquarium yesterday, we were watching this movie about the animals and they showed the older guy who was narrating. Kaydree says,
"Which prophet is that Mommy?"
And when Ryan goes without shaving, Kaydree is the first to tell him,
"Daddy, pricklys are disgusting!"
After swim school started, my friend decided to teach a dance class this summer so we went ahead and signed Kaydree up for that too. Here she is on her first day, she was SO excited...



We have only one more month until this monster can go to the nursery at church...we can't wait! He has been keeping busy lately playing with his cars, trying to stand on his head, and running through the sprinklers.
The little sweeties are growing tons and smiling too!
AvaElsie
E, AE, A
A, E
Ryan went to Scout Camp this week and had some time off with us. We were headed to the Dallas Zoo yesterday when the crazy Texas tornado/flashflood weather started, so we opted for the indoor Dallas World Aquarium instead. We've never taken the kids before and they loved it. Check out the slideshow for even more pictures



6 comments:

Tiff said...

You are the woman! I can't imagine taking four kids to something like that and it going well. I have a lot of admiration and respect for you! Looks like you guys have been having such a good summer so far and your kids just get cuter by the day. The drowning story made me remember this time that we went floating down the river. Cameron was wearing his life jacket and fell out of his tube. The water was about one to two feet deep and he was standing up in it yelling "Help, I'm drowning!" Silly kids. I love reading your blog!

Karly Michelsen said...

Kids say the darndist things lol, too funny.

Southern Belle said...

That is so funny!! I love when kids say cute and funny things. I can't wait for Cheyenne to talk! Your kiddos are adorable!

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

So cute....thanks....

Kristin Milius said...

I want your kids. If something happens to you or Ryan can I have them? There are all so adorable! Kaydree is so big now, Carver melts my heart and the twins have DIMPLES, OMG! Could they get cuter! I love them all! Come visit us!

caitlin said...

Dawn Says:
The cutest little family of 4 ever!!!
Kristen you can't have them...I'm next in line.