Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

Spring is finally here in the NL!  After a long and dreary winter, we are finally free of our heavy coats, scarves, and gloves.  Don't get me wrong, it is still a bit chilly in the mornings, and we are all still wearing light jackets most of the time, but the sun is shining all the time and there are tulips and daffodils blossoming everywhere.  SPRING!
Since we were in Denmark for Easter, we cheated and wore our Easter outfits the Sunday before Easter, but it was still frigid.  3 Sundays ago was the first time it actually felt like Spring, so we wore the Easter gear again for a photo op at the temple.

First I took these crummy ipad pics at home, because my camera batteries were dead (aagghh!).  You can get a good look at the skirts that I sewed for the girls.  I didn't bring my sewing machine over, and let's face it - I am NO seamstress, but with the help of my amazing friend Ruth (who had extra fabric, an easy pattern, and all the sewing equipment) the skirts turned out GREAT!  We actually cranked them out in just a few hours...
Kaydree was a little grumpy, but she cheered up by the end.
E, A
The skirts have little birdies on them - cutest fabric ever!  Kaydree wanted her bow tied in the back.  They all looked ADORABLE!
My camera decided to work when we stopped by the temple on the way home from church.  I was all ready for more fuzzy ipad pics, but I tried the camera and it worked for a few pictures before dying on us again...

 I have decided that this is the BEST time of year to be in Holland.  The flowers and little lambs in the fields make the winter (almost) feel worth it.  We went to Keukenhof (the big tulip garden) last weekend to celebrate Elsie's and Ava's birthday.  We saw several fields of flowers on the drive there.  It is amazing to see flowers planted in rows and rows like crops.  I took a lot of pictures, but not all the tulips were in bloom yet at Keukenhof.  Hopefully when we go back in a few weeks, there will be even more flowers!  Happy Spring from the land of tulips.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

great job with the skirts Carrie, I'm impressed….