Thursday, October 23, 2008

This and That

First of all, I don't think our trip to the BYU vs. TCU game deserved it's own post since BYU got totally trashed (I won't even mention the score). So I am clumping those pictures in with some others that I have been meaning to post for a while...
We made up for the bad game with good company, this is the first date Ryan and I have been on in a while (thanks to Emily and Chris who watched our kids)... My friend Sharon suggested that I take a picture of the team while we were still in the top ten (now a distant memory)...
We went with some friends from our ward and had a really fun time talking with them. You can't tell our utter embarrassment from the smiles...

You wouldn't believe how many BYU fans were there, I was impressed with the turnout (way more than stake conference). We ignored the "mormons don't belong in Texas" signs during the game and the "BYU sucks!" yells after the game, and even had a good laugh when a girl behind us shouted after yet another incomplete pass "DON'T WORRY, THE CHURCH IS STILL TRUE!" All in all, we had a good time.

Now, for some thank yous. We have gotten some really great packages in the mail over the last little while and I wanted to give a shout out.
This is from Ryan's Aunt Delia and family, who live in Connecticut. It also came with a cute little book and snuggly rattle that both of the kids LOVE!

This cute little outfit is from Ryan's Aunt Sylvia and family, who live in Washington, we love it!

Ryan's parents also sent some really fun stuff for Halloween, I meant to take a picture of the kids in their matching shirts the other day but I missed it. Thanks so much! We love being remembered way down here in the Lone Star State.

And finally, here is little Carver thinking he is SO big. He loves to pull up on everything and try to walk just like his big sister.

5 comments:

merileesue said...

wow he is already pulling up on stuff...I knew that it would be soon. miss you guys!

Nikki said...

Cute pics of Carv, it reminds me of little Ef-Tom. I showed him the picture and asked who it was, usually he'll know and say, "Carver" but he saw that pic and said, that's "E-tom" (ha ha). Our boys need to play together! I also love that close up pic of you and Ry, y'all both have beautiful eyes.

Tiff said...

You always do such fun things! We would love to see you guys here whenever you come up...just give us a call!

Sarah Hastings said...

The game was a bit sad, but it is still cool you got to go!

Spencer & Nikki said...

What a sad game, Spencer say's he hates being a BYU fan... but hey what can you do? We can't wait to see you guys next month, we are so so so excited!