Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Milestones

We celebrated Ryan's birthday last weekend, the big Two-Niner. I know what you're thinking - 30 is the big milestone, not 29, but since I like to pretend that I am still 20 we'll pretty much both be counting backwards from now on...so I figure 29 is as big a milestone as any. We celebrated by taking the night off from the kiddos (courtesy of Papa and Nana), going out to eat at Barrera's (mexican, yum!), and going out to the movies. We saw G.I. Joe (his choice, obviously) and though it wasn't half bad, I couldn't manage to stay awake for the whole thing. Ryan liked it though. Here he is hanging out with his ladies on his b-day, they love to cuddle with their Daddy... We also went to my brother Jeffrey's Eagle Court of Honor over the weekend, a big milestone for him. These things usually bore me, but I was actually impressed by all of the neat things a scout learns to become an Eagle. It's almost like training to become a 'real man.' It made me proud that I married an Eagle Scout myself, and although I sometimes wonder where some of those skills have wandered off to (i.e. handiwork and navigational skills), I am sure glad that I have such good examples for my son to follow some day. (I tried to dig up an embarassing picture of Ryan in a Scout uniform but couldn't find one, I'm sure he'll be really sad about that...Robyn? I know you have one scrapbooked:)Per my parent's request, I made this video for Jeff's court of honor. I've been a movie-making fool lately thanks to this new program that I bought. Anyway, while this will be boring for most, I think it turned out pretty well and I knew some people would appreciate it (Grandma) so here it is...




Kaydree also started preschool today which marks the official end of summer for us. I love summer, but I always welcome the Texas Fall when we can head outside more and everything cools off.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

AWW :) I loved the Eagle movie. That was so cool. Love the Braveheart music, good choice! Our little Jeffrey. You did a great job Carrie. Makes me miss Jeffrey and the fam so much :(

Happy Birthday Ryan, did you get our message- the family singing?

Miss y'all, so excited to see you in a few weeks.

afton, stephen & brooks said...

That is a really cool video, what program did you get? Love watching your family grow up via the blog, but I really wish we lived closer.

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

You did a wonderful job....