Monday, June 9, 2014

Antwerp Again

We had a really fun visit from Jared & Rachel in the spring.  They got out and did some things on their own, but we were also able to do a little traveling together and it was really fun.  We made a day trip to Antwerp and saw some areas of the city we hadn't explored yet.  

 My kiddos could name nearly every flag on this building, and a friend from every country to go with them.  Living the Dutch life is fun, but I have really enjoyed watching the amazing experience they are having at their international school.  It's a mini United Nations on their playground each day, and they have learned so much.
 I was almost 5 months prego here, and still trying to hide it so I could surprise our parents.  I'm sure Jared and Rachel had their suspicions, because on this day in particular I looked every bit of that 5 months along.
 We had never even seen this castle in Antwerp before...
 I especially like looking in windows in the diamond district and doing a little shopping with Rachel in some children's boutiques.  Some of the dresses were to die for - but the price tags nearly killed as well.  Then my dreams pretty much game true when I finally got to have a hand dipped Magnum bar. I was so disappointed in Milan when we skipped the Magnum store, so I took full advantage here in Antwerp...
As much fun as site seeing is in Holland, I am glad that Belgium is only a jump, hop, and a skip away.  Thanks to Jared & Rachel, we had a good excuse to go again...

No comments: