Sunday, November 9, 2014

Luxembourg

I had been wanting to squeeze in one quick getaway before baby #5 arrived for weeks and weeks.  Ryan's busy schedule, though not as busy as "busy season" in Jan & Feb, made it pretty difficult.  Difficult, but not impossible.  Somewhere between 36 and 37 weeks, we took a quick drive over to Luxembourg for our final "babymoon" or pre-baby getaway.  Luckily, my friend Annie watched our other 4 kids for a couple days.
Fortunately, Luxembourg City isn't too big.  I waddled around the streets to see the major sites, but the main thing we did was DINE.  Here were my criteria: 1. We could only go to restaurants that we wouldn't take our whole family to (whether too small, too expensive, too formal, etc.) 2. We would engage in uninterrupted adult conversation (amazing how easy that was without kids) 3. We would order whatever we wanted and stay as long as we wanted (again - no thought of 'kid friendly' foods or hurrying and eating before our kids got restless).  We ate at a pretty amazing gourmet-style Chinese place for lunch, and a very authentic Italian place for dinner.  We also had some fabulous pastries on the go for breakfast.  It was pretty great..what more could a pregnant girl want?
As for the sightseeing, we walked through a local market...
Checked out some government buildings and churches...
Enjoyed the beautiful fall foliage of this nature-lover's paradise...
Leggings & Uggs & no apologies...
At least my hair looked good (maybe the only thing I have going for me this late in pregnancy)...
We also walked around a pretty well stocked English bookstore which, I'm learning, is one of our all time favorite things to do together.  I just read a funny little quote today that said something like "Babysitters are cheaper than divorce - make date night a necessity."  This trip covered that.  I think it is not just fun, but SO important to getaway together and remember why you love being a couple!

No comments: