Monday, March 22, 2010

11 months

Another month has flown by for our 2 little birds of a feather and here's the latest:
Lots of crusin' this month, especially with this toy that's wide enough for both girls to stand side by side and push as they walk across the room...

It's always a proud day when there is enough hair up top to squeeze into a ponytail...

A
Elsie is emerging as a big time Daddy's girl while Ava definitely has a preference for me...

E Elsie is cracking us up lately with her giggle. Anytime anyone else laughs (on TV, in church, or anywere) she lets out a little giggle. Ava started patting me on the back when I pick her up or hold her...it's so sweet!

I'm still trying to figure out sleep training for 2. I can't let them cry it out when they share the same room, it doesn't work (trust me, I've tried...they just end up chatting with each other, laughing, and taking turns crying). But I have to try to keep them on the same schedule or I would go totally nuts. So when one baby wakes up, I have to commit the unthinkable and wake the other one up. And when one is getting sleepy, I have to try to get the other girl to sleep. Anyway, it doesn't always work out...
We had a little incident last week after spending the day at my mom's house. Ava started screaming about 20 minutes from home and she wouldn't let up. When I finally got her out of the car, she was so swollen that she looked like Rocky Balboa after a good fight. All I could think of was that scene from the movie Hitch...
Obviously, she had some kind of allergic reaction but I had no idea what it was. I called around and found out that I could give her a really low dose of Benadryl to ease the swelling... But the nurse did tell me that it would probably look worse in the morning before things started to look better. She was SO right... Poor little girl. We're thinking maybe the new puppy at Nana's house had something to do with it, but the nurse said it could've been anything really. Who knows what the next month will bring? I'm learning to expect the unexpected...x2!

6 comments:

Karly Michelsen said...

Poor little Ava! Was it something she ate? I love those girls!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe your little ones are almost a year old. My friend has twins and she says the first year is the hardest and if you can get through that first year than the rest is a breeze...Your almost there!

Nikki said...

Lol, I'm sorry I'm laughing at Will Smith not poor Ms. Ava.
That poor baby :(
Can't believe it's been a year! Can't wait to see all ur kiddos. I'm going to go crazy taking pictures of all of our kids.
lv ya

Kristin Milius said...

OMG....Those r the funniest pictures I have ever seen!...
hahahaha....
My kids are allergy kids!..Brielle has had more unexplained hive break outs than any kid ever!...
Your girls r just adorable and I love sleeping baby pics..they r my FAVORITE..

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Sweet Ava, she seems to have the bad things happen to her....Grandma's sad, give her hugs and kisses....everyone else too....can't wait to see you guys...

RachelFlores said...

Wow, 11 months, they are so adorable. We miss you guys.